Friday, January 29, 2010

Silk Hat

A few years ago I dyed some silk roving with brazilwood, which resulted in a dusty rose pink color. I spun it into this strange weight of yarn, between sport weight and worsted weight. It was unevenly spun and quite frankly, I did not like the color or the yarn.

I had about 100 yards of it, but could never figure out what to knit with it. Until I ran across a pattern for a kids hat in the November/December 2009 issue of Piecework Magazine called "Three Rib Beret". Turns out to be the perfect project for this yarn.

Here is the work in progress.

And the finished project. I added the two buttons instead of having pom-poms as in the original pattern. I love the finished project. It turned out to be a sweet little child's hat, which I gave to my little friend Lia. From what I hear, she loves it. I am pretty very happy with the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment